Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Cinematic Reminder

daytheearthstoodstillposterNot that anyone would forget, but I just wanted to remind you that tomorrow is the day - The Day the Earth Stood Still – ha! Seriously though, it’s the day the new version will be opening in theaters. I am so looking forward to seeing this film. I haven’t seen the original version yet, but I have found it online - (watch it here) – and I intend to watch it before I see the new one.

Summary of the 1951 version: An alien (Klaatu) with his mighty robot (Gort) land their spacecraft on Cold War-era Earth just after the end of World War II. They bring an important message to the planet that Klaatu wishes to tell to representatives of all nations. However, communication turns out to be difficult, so, after learning something about the natives, Klaatu decides on an alternative approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment