Monday, June 23, 2008

Comedian George Carlin Has Died

I have been a huge fan of George Carlin since I was a teenager. In fact, he has always been my favorite comedian. I am sad to report that he has passed away at the age of 71 yesterday, June 22, 2008, of heart failure. His passing truly breaks my heart. His clever stand-up routines have had me rolling with laughter over the years and I feel like I have lost a family member.

Back in March, my daughter and I watched his latest HBO special, "It's Bad For Ya," and I remember her making a comment that this would probably be his last HBO special. Looks like she was right. We are both so sad. She grew up watching his shows with me, so she has always had a special affection for him too.

Goodbye George. You will forever be missed by millions of fans.

Watch the news report:


Watch George Carlin's last HBO special, "It's Bad For Ya" - 2008

2 comments:

  1. So sad. I've been a fan since the 70's (maybe telling my age) when I was way too young to be, but my older brothers forced him on me, lol. I thought his last HBO special was great and I'll miss him :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vickie...Thanks for visiting Spiral Journal! Yes, we have lost someone very special indeed. Even though his last HBO show was very entertaining, I could tell he was not in the best of health, and that he probably wouldn't be around much longer. :(

    ReplyDelete