Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Owen Wilson Is Going Back To Work

Six months after his apparent suicide attempt, Owen Wilson is ready to act again.

The 39-year-old is starring in Marley & Me, a comedy about a writer who adopts a mischievous dog. The film, which costars Jennifer Aniston as Wilson’s wife, is scheduled to be shot in Miami from March 10 until mid-May.

"I'm thrilled they're starting production on this. It's been a long time coming and I really couldn't be happier on that," Marley & Me author John Grogan tells PEOPLE. "I read the script and I like it. I think it's really true to the book."

Grogan is equally excited about the casting. "I'm actually really thrilled to have Owen Wilson portray me. We don't look anything alike but I think his personality will be a great fit to my own," he says. "And my wife, Jenny, is thrilled with being played by Jennifer Anniston and so am I. What's not to like, right?"

Wilson's been keeping a relatively low profile, and this marks the first time Wilson has worked since the crisis that landed him at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

In September, the actor dropped out of the Ben Stiller-directed comedy Tropic Thunder and was replaced by Matthew McConaughey.

Miami is a familiar city to Wilson – he vacationed in South Beach with Woody Harrelson after the two returned from some male bonding in South America.

Marley & Me is scheduled to be released on Christmas Day.


By Steve Helling and Nicole Weisensee Egan
People.com



Technorati tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment