Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grandfather Clocks

When I was a young girl, I used to spend the weekends with my great-grandparents. My great-grandfather had a shop out behind his house where he built grandfather clocks. I used to spend hours watching him build them. He had several of them in his house, and at the top of the hour, they would all chime in unison. What a glorious sound that was. And of course everyone in my family had one. My great-grandfather has long since passed away, but now, whenever I hear clock chimes, I get all nostalgic, and think about those days spent with my great-grandfather.

Since I grew up with those magnificent clocks all around me, I just assumed everyone had one. But as I got older, I discovered that they weren't the norm. But to me, they add so much to a room's decor, I don't understand why more people don't have them.

Today, while looking for information on these I ran across the Grandfather Clocks Blog, a fantastic resource for grandfather clocks. You can find everything from the different clock styles to how to maintain them. It's so important to know how to take care of a grandfather clock, so you can enjoy it for many years to come. If you're thinking of buying one of these beautiful clocks, but need to do a little comparison shopping, I strongly recommend you visit this blog before deciding which one to buy.


Technorati tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment