Monday, December 3, 2007

Tim Burton's "Sweeney Todd"




I am so excited about the new Tim Burton movie, "Sweeney Todd," coming to theaters on December 21st. I have always been a huge fan of his movies. The reason is simply this: I like creepy, and Tim Burton knows creepy. Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and Nightmare Before Christmas are among my all-time favorites. His movies are simply eerie to the core and that is my kind of film. The fact that Johnny Depp stars in many of Burton's movies is just a little side bonus, albeit a very nice one. And once again, Mr. Depp has a starring role in Burtons's new film that promises to give me all the creepy I can stand.

If you're familiar with the story, you know that revenge is the fundamental element of "Sweeney Todd." I believe everyone knows a little about this subject, and many of us have taken revenge on the people who we believe have wronged us in one way or another. I know I have acted out of revenge on a few occasions, and I'm not exactly proud of it, and probably wouldn't tell you about it here, but there is a place where we can go to confess to the Demon Barber our stories of revenge. I encourage you to visit and make a call in to the confession line, post a video confession, or simply post a written confession. I promise it will make you feel better.

Once you've gotten that off your chest, be sure to visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site and watch the trailer. It gave me goosebumps when I watched it. I can tell you this: it definitely looks creepy. I simply can't wait to see this movie! And the site is so beautifully designed with hauntingly macabre music and surrealistic images. There are plenty of goodies there too, including wallpapers, icons and take away banners, (like the one you see above), so grab them while you're there. And don't forget, you can also visit Sweeney Todd on Myspace.




Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

  1. Nice new look on da Blog*

    da Black + Pink Purple Rock!

    ;))

    I like Tim Burton too - saw he + his Beautiful + Talented Wife Helena Bonham Carter in the Sunday Paper*

    Leaving a Resto with Johnny Depp!!

    Now thass Rock n Roll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tim Burton!! But put away tour negative side will ya? I'm straight, kay..Hehehehe..

    Anyway, i've post a review on your blog. Please check it out and tell me your opinion about it ok..

    Kelly B's Review

    ReplyDelete