Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Compare Prices and Save Buckets

If you are a regular reader here at Spiral Journal, you know that I'm always looking for the best shopping deals, especially at this time of year and I'm more than happy to let you guys know when I come across something good.

Well, here's a heads-up on a very cool price comparison site called Savebuckets that allows you to compare prices on a whole slew of products at hundreds of the most visited online stores on the web. Simply enter a search for whatever product you are looking for and the results show you the prices of that item over a broad range of online stores. For instance, I have been on the look-out for a reasonably priced mp3 player. I entered a search for "mp3 players" and got back dozens of results sorted from the lowest to the highest price. This has allowed me to find what I'm looking for at just the right price.

The feature I found most unique was the "My Price" box on each product page. If you are unable to find your product at the right price, you can enter your email address and the maximum amount you are willing to pay for that item. Savebuckets will then continue to check the prices on that product across all the online stores. Once your product has reached or fallen below your set price, they will send you an email and let you know where to go and get it! Awesome! This little feature will come in very handy for me, and most likely for you too.

I will be using Savebuckets long after the holiday season has come and gone, and I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment