Thursday, August 23, 2007

Beautiful and Exciting Britain!

I've never traveled outside the United States, and there's so much of this world I haven't seen. If I can ever defeat this terrible fear of flying that I have, I intend to visit Britain one day. I have an insatiable desire to experience the history, culture and heritage of the United Kingdom.

My husband and I are looking forward to a trip to Britain within the next couple of years. Imagine touring the Castles of Wales! What a treat that would be! Or journeying through the captivating West Highlands of Scotland! Or how about exploring the picturesque region of Northern Ireland! I have always been a sucker for history, and I would love to see all the historical sites that await me in Britain!


Can you see yourself checking out all the hot spots, and drinking in the fabulous London nightlife? Britain’s club scene is one of the best in the world! In fact, it is world renowned. Nightlife is a huge industry over there, and you’ll find everything from super clubs and roller-discos, to small, intimate lounges and underground parties. Just talking about it gets me very excited!


If you're like me, and you plan to stay in London, you might have less money to spare for accommodations, and would like to check into a hostel rather than a hotel, (if you don't know the difference between the two, check out what the WiseGeek has to say). Hostels are much cheaper than hotels. But if you don't like the idea of staying in a hostel, and you'd rather stay in more elegant lodgings, check this list of low prices on London Hotels, whether it be 1-star or 5-star accommodations, they promise the lowest rates - guaranteed.


Perhaps, after experiencing the nightlife in London, you'll wander off to beautiful Scotland. You may want to consider staying in the capital city of Edinburgh. Edinburgh presents a spectacular cityscape which divides into two – the historic Old Town, with its medieval cobblestone wynds and alleys and the elegant neo-classical facades of the Georgian New Town. Visitors can walk the Royal Mile, an ancient network of historically linked streets, and walk in the footsteps of some of the best known figures in Scottish history from Mary, Queen of Scots to Robert Louis Stevenson. Need a place to stay while you're there? Get competitive rates for Edinburgh Hotels.


Or, maybe Glasgow is more your style. Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and third most populous in the United Kingdom. Vibrant and energetic, Glasgow enjoys a year round buzz that visitors just love. Known as Scotland’s style capital with its art deco brasseries, stylish shops and cultural centres, the city boasts more than 30 art galleries and museums and an annual programme of performing arts and festivals. Each year Glasgow hosts the International Jazz Festival and Celtic Connections – the world’s largest winter festival of celtic music and culture. And if you're planning to stay a night or two, get the best affordable accommodations guaranteed on Glasgow Hotels.

I guess the place I want to see the most in Britain is Stonehenge. Most of you who know me, know that I love the curiosities of our world. Stonehenge is probably the most curious. It is one of the most important prehistoric monuments in the world. Dating back an astonishing 5,000 years, its exact purpose has been long debated. Some say it was a temple to worship the gods. While others describe it as an astronomical observatory, or prehistoric calendar, because of the way it aligns with the sun and moon. There are many theories, but one thing is certain; Stonehenge has endured millennia, and no matter what your beliefs may be, you’ll feel there’s something sacred about it.

I truly hope I get to take this journey soon. I think it will be a fabulous getaway for me and my husband. If you have visited Britain, or if you live there and would like to comment on this post, please feel free to do so!

Technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment