People always complain about how their relationships fail, all the stupid things that didn't have to happen. What messed them up? What could have been done differently?
Hindsight is 20/20
The first thing is to think about all the stupid things couples usually do to mess up their relationships. Although each situation is different, there are common factors involved in many cases:
1) Dishonesty and Game-Playing. Yes, many people have lied. Game-playing eventually sours an otherwise serious and sincere relationship.
2) Cheating. Infidelity is a big no-no. A third party's life is ruined as well.
3) Lack of Communication. Zipped lips sink ships! When feelings and thoughts aren't shared, confusion and frustration naturally settle in. Expecting a partner to automatically know is warped thinking.
4) Money. "Money isn't everything!" Let's face it, in the real world, money is important in every relationship, especially when bills need to be paid and a living made.
5) Incompatibility. "I will change her/him" is an attitude that goes with the next one but is somewhat different. When two people are irreconcilably different, conflicts occur and relationships falter.
6) Unreal Expectations. "Our love will last forever and is the greatest of all!" is the sappy drivel that has caused many young relationships to crumble.
7) Physical Attraction. Moving in on that tight ass and making that your priority will never go anywhere. It's superficial! The passion is intoxicating, and people can't help themselves; everything else becomes irrelevant and pushed aside.
8) Immaturity. Silly arguments ensue over nothing, selfishness takes control, and relationships fall apart. These people need to stay away from relationships.
9) Abuse. Abusing and letting yourself get abused "in the name of love" is among the worst things people do. This isn't only delusional, it's pathetic.
10) Murder. This may sound funny included on this list, but it fits. Killing your partner is never a smart idea, unless it's in self defense. The relationship is definitely, and obviously, affected by this.
These are among the stupidest reasons that mess up many couples' relationships. Lovers feel like losers, as they should. Let's hope losers become the winners who are able to conduct healthy and successful relationships as they grow. If not, they have no one to blame but themselves.