Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ann and Nancy Wilson Angered By the Use of "Barracuda"

Thursday evening, after Senator McCain had delivered his speech, I noticed they were playing Heart's "Barracuda." Apparently, "Barracuda" was Sarah Palin's nickname when she played basketball in high school, and it has been resurrected since she was chosen as John McCain's running mate.

Sometimes, random and meaningless thoughts run through my head when I'm watching TV, and I wondered at the time if Heart singers, Ann and Nancy Wilson had given their permission for them to play their song. I also had a fleeting thought that maybe they didn't need permission, but then, it was televised, so I thought they probably would.

When I opened my Google Reader this morning, I was not surprised to find out that, according to Reuters, not only did they not give their permission, but they were also pretty pissed off, and sent a "cease and desist" letter to the Republicans.

For some reason, I find this amusing. No matter where I stand when it comes to this crazy election, I always love to see politicians being put in their place. Hahahahahaaaaaa!