Thursday, March 6, 2008

Patrick Swayze Diagnosed With Pancreatic Cancer

This morning, I was watching CNN and they announced that Patrick Swayze, who is only 55 years old, was diagnosed last month with pancreatic cancer. This is quite serious because from what I understand, 95% of all patients diagnosed with this kind of cancer usually die within a year. By the time you have any pain or symptoms, it is usually too late. However, Swayze's spokespeople claim that he has a "limited amount" of the disease, so maybe he will make it. I sure hope so. This is the same kind of cancer that took the life of Michael Landon, may he rest in peace. When I was a little girl, Little Joe Cartwright was my hero. But I digress...

This is the second time we've heard bad news about someone who played in the movie "Roadhouse." Does anyone else find it a bit strange that Patrick Swayze's illness was announced the same week of Jeff Healey's death? That's another sad story. I loved Jeff Healey's music so much. He was so talented. I was so sad to hear of his passing.

I hope Patrick Swayze will be able to fight this deadly disease and go on to live many more years and bring us many more great films.

Here's a few videos for you to enjoy:

Patrick Swayze & Chris Farley in "Chippendales" skit on SNL



"She's Like the Wind" by Patrick Swayze


"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Jeff Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment