Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chapman House Drug Rehab Services

Recently, I have been going through a tough time with a close family member. You may remember that I mentioned in a previous post that I had a family member with a history of drug and alcohol abuse. Well, unfortunately, she has relapsed again, and my family is going through a very rough time right now. So I have been researching everything I can find on addiction and drug treatment.

I can tell you from all my personal experiences in the past, that it is extremely difficult to get a loved one who is using drugs and/or alcohol to enter drug rehab if they are not ready to do it. Until they come to a realization that they are on a road to self-destruction and reach out to someone, the only option you have is a good intervention. Even though we have been through this time and time again, we still weren't sure how to go about an intervention. I found some very good help at a place called Chapman House. At this website there is an extremely helpful page on intervention. Whether it's for someone who abuses drugs, has a gambling addiction or is in a deep depression, Chapman House can help with the intervention.

My family member has a variety of disorders along with the drug addiction, like depression and bulimia. It appears that Chapman House not only specializes in drug treatment, but also other co-existing disorders, such as alcoholism and eating disorders, and it's not easy to find a place like that. Their website explains the importance of detoxing, and why it should be done before beginning treatment. That was new information to me, and very helpful. There is also an addiction tests page, where one can check off symptoms to see if you have an addiction to alcohol, sex, or even work.

All in all, the Chapman House website was very helpful to me, but unfortunately, they are not located in my state. They are located in California, so if you live in or near Orange County, I strongly recommend you give them a call or visit their website if you're in need of information on drug rehabilitation.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing your experience with us...

    ReplyDelete