Monday, January 21, 2008

Work From Home Doing Freelance Jobs

I recently ran across a place where you can sign up for free and get hooked up with freelance jobs. It's called GetAFreelancer.com, and there are dozens of new projects posted daily for freelancers. This is something new for me, and just today, I won my first bid on a project for data entry work, so I'll be starting that a little later this evening, and I'll post my progress here. Membership is free, but there is a Gold membership which is $12 monthly. It's not necessary to become a Gold member, but you will have a better chance of getting jobs if you upgrade. I haven't upgraded, but have bid on several jobs, and have only landed one, but at least I have my foot in the door now.

There's a LOT of competition on this site, and once I filled out my profile extensively with my experience and skills, I noticed a better communication with project providers. It's not so easy becoming established as a freelancer, but once you have taken a few jobs and have received some feedback, you have a better chance of getting the job you bid on. My advice is to do what I did, and bid as low as you can afford to go on your first few projects and communicate well via PM with the providers, letting them know exactly how low you are willing to go, and have them check your profile for your skills and experience.

Concerning the types of jobs you can bid on, there are many categories, including web design, data entry, article writing, accounting/bookkeeping, computer programing, engineering - you name it, it's probably there - and they add new categories regularly.

GetAFreelancer.com receives a commission on all the jobs you take, unless you are a Gold member - which is another reason to upgrade. As time goes by, I will probably upgrade to the Gold membership, but for now, we'll just see how it goes. If you are interested in data entry jobs, or article writing, there are tons of projects like this listed every single day! If you sign up or are already a member, I am very interested in knowing how well you do with this, so please leave a comment here and give us the "low-down."


Technorati tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment