Friday, November 9, 2007

"The Mist"erious Stephen King

I am an avid Stephen King reader and I've read all of his older novels and collections, and most of the new ones. I've seen just about every movie that was adapted from his works. I have quite a collection of his novels and films in my personal library. Yes, I am a fanatic. I have been since I was a teenager in the '80s.

The book that scared the bejesus out of me was It. I remember reading it at night, all alone in the house, completely creeped out and wanting to put it down, but just couldn't because it had me so mesmerized! Pennywise the Clown visited my dreams many times afterward, but I lived through it!

I just finished reading Cell a few weeks ago. I tell ya, that was a very creepy book and somewhat different than what I'm used to from Stephen King. It was reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later. But it was still a good read, and I definitely recommend it.

Now, I'm extremely excited because coming to theaters November 21st is the new adaptation, The Mist by Stephen King, starring Thomas Jane (The Punisher), who also plays in another Stephen King film entitled Dreamcatcher. "The Mist" is a tale from the horror anthology, Skeleton Crew (1985), King's second collection of short stories. This movie promises to be full of all the darkness and dread that King is so famous for. Director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption), a frequent King collaborator, teams with the author once again in this tale of a town terrorized by a malevolent mist.

I encourage you to watch the trailer, and see for yourself that, like all Stephen King works, this film is destined to become a classic horror film! Visit the official website to read the synopsis and download wallpapers and screensavers.





Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment